Big Sky has partnered with American Express Foreign Exchange to offer you simple solutions to your foreign currency requirements. Whether you are going overseas for a shopping spree or sending money to a family member abroad for their birthday, we offer a range of secure and convenient options to suit your needs.
Visit your local Big Sky Service Centre and talk to our staff about the best foreign exchange product for you.
American Express GlobalTravel Card
When travelling overseas, consider taking your travel funds with you in the form of a mixed travel wallet. Spreading your funds out across several formats allows for safety and convenience.
American Express® GlobalTravel Card
The Essential Travel Companion
Pre Load an American Express GlobalTravel Card for convenience, peace of mind and security. Available in US Dollars, British Pounds of Euros and accepted at millions of locations globally, the American Express® GlobalTravel Card is the essential travel companion.
Visit your nearest Service Centre for your American Express® GlobalTravel Card.
- Easy to use as a credit card - all you need is your signature for merchants and your PIN for ATMs.
- Reload (add funds) at your own pace and convenience. Simply visit the branch where you purchased your Card or do it via BPAY®
- Use the card overseas at millions of locations where American Express Cards are accepted** (merchants and ATMs). You can even use it for online purchases
- Check your balance online or over the phone wherever you are, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- It is a useful budgeting tool, as you only spend what you have loaded onto the Card.
- The Card has no inactivitiy fees to worry about. Leave your funds on the Card as long as you please and they will still be there in full next time you want to use them.
- The available funds on your Card are valid for life.
- Lock in the exchange rate when you load or reload funds onto the Card. That way you don't have to worry about exchange rate fluctuations while using your card overseas.
- Enjoy special merchant offers around the globe for American Express cardmembers through the American Express Selects™ program. So, before you step out in a new town, check
for a list of places that offer discounts and special promotions.
Peace of Mind
- The card is replaceable if lost or stolen, so your money is always safe.
- You can report the card has been lost or stolen by calling Customer Service, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, within Australia or via toll free local access numbers when travelling.
- We issue a Backup Card at time of purchase - minimising inconvenience or delay if your Primary Card is lost or stolen.
- We offer Card replacement or emergency funds access, at no additional cost to you, if both your Primary and Backup Cards are lost or stolen.
- As the card is not linked to a bank account, it helps to protect you against identity theft or fraud.
Unique Global Assist® Services
With just a phone call away, our Global Assist Services are always there to assist you - from lost luggage assistance to Doctors who speak your language, or simply to find out more information before your trip. When you travel, we are always at your side to provide emergency assitance such as lost passport replacement or emergency legal or medical referrals.
For more information visit
Visit your nearest Service Centre or call the Customer Service Team on 1300 654 321.
American Express GlobalTravel Card Order Form (173 KB)
** You will not be able to use your American Express GlobalTravel Card in Australia and certain other coutnries where Australian or United States sanctions apply.
A disclosure document will be provided where Travellers cheques and American Express GlobalTravel Cards are sold and are available upon request. You should request an American Express Financial Services Guide and consider the appropriateness of Travellers Cheques American Express GlobalTravel Cards in relation to your individual requirements. American Express Travellers cheques are issued by American Express Travel Related Services Company, Inc. Incorporated with limited liability in New york, USA. ® Registered Trademark of American Express Company. Please visit americanexpress.com.au/globaltravel and read the Product Disclosure Statement.American Express GlobalTravel Card is issued by American Express Travel Related Services Company, Inc. Incorporated with limited liability in New York, USA. ® Registered Trademark of American Express Company.
The general financial advice contained is provided by American Express International, Inc. (ABN 15 000 618 208) AFS Lincence No. 237996
Foreign Currency and Drafts
When you arrive overseas it will make things so much simpler for you, if you already have some of the local currency for your immediate needs, such as food, transport, tips etc. A number of different currencies are available, and we can advise you on the best one for your destination.
Foreign Currency Drafts
Simple Way to Pay
Foreign Currency Bank Drafts, commonly called drafts or foreign currency cheques, are simply bank cheques made to a recipient who can deposit the cheque directly into their own account. Drafts are an ideal payment method when you have small amounts to pay or you do not know the banking details of the person or beneficiary you need to send money to. Drafts can be ordered at your nearest Service Centre and are typically available within 48 hours.
Travellers Cheques and Foreign Currency Order Form (20 KB)
Telegraphic Transfers/International Drafts
Telegraphic Transfers Outward
Saving you time and money
A Telegraphic Transfer (TT) allows you to electronically send funds directly into your beneficiaries account in a specified currency. TT's are the preferred method to make large value international payments as they are processed quickly, cost-effectively and securely in over 100 currencies.
To send a TT, you will need to contact your closest Service Centre who will facilitate the payment for you. You will be required to provide the following information in order to process a TT with us:
Your street address
Beneficiaries name and street address
Beneficiaries bank account details
For further information or to take up this product please contact our friendly Customer Services Team on 1300 654 321 or visit your local Service Centre Consultant.
Download information document:
AMEX PDS Telegraphic Transfers
Your order will be delivered to a Big Sky Service Centre or American Express Foreign Exchange office of your choice for collection.
For further information, please refer to the relevant (Telegraphic Transfers and Forward Exchange Contracts) Product Disclosure Statement (PDS). The information contained in this document has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. You should read the PDS and consider the appropriateness of International Payments in relation to your individual requirements. International Payments are arranged through
American Express International, Inc. (ABN 15 000 618 208, AFSL No. 237996). Incorporated with limited liability in Delaware, USA.
® Registered trademark of American Express Company.
Telegraphic Transfers Inward
Big Sky has partnered with American Express Foreign Exchange to help you transfer international funds into your Big Sky account.
Inward Transfer Form
American Express Travellers Cheques
Protect your Travel Funds
American Express Travellers Cheques are a safe and easy way to protect your spending money whilst travelling. They are available in 6 major currencies and universally accepted.
Should you have the misfortune of having your Travellers Cheques stolen or losing them, they are replaceable within 24 hours, virtually anywhere in the world. There is also an expieration date so you can always save unused cheques for another trip.
With American Express Travellers Cheques your travel funds are protected and you will never be stranded without access to your money.
Travellers Cheques and Foreign Currency Order Form (19 KB)
to view current rates.
For further information, please refer to the relevant (Telegraphic Transfers and Forward Exchange Contracts) Product Disclosure Statement (PDS). The information contained in this document has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. You should read the PDS and consider the appropriateness of International Payments in relation to your individual requirements. International Payments are arranged through American Express International, Inc. (ABN 15 000 618 208, AFSL No. 237996). Incorporated with limited liability in Delaware, USA. ® Registered trademark of American Express Company.